Bem-Vindo, Visitante
Nome de usuário: Senha: Lembrar-me
Bem-vindo ao fórum Kunena!

Diga para nós e para nossos membros quem você é, do que você gosta e porque você se tornou um membro deste site.
Nós damos as boas-vindas a todos os novos membros e esperamos ve-los muito por aí!

TÓPICO: 1099 issue: How screwed am I exactly?

1099 issue: How screwed am I exactly? 1 ano 5 meses atrás #27492

HI,

I recently took a job doing web programming with a small company. After a rather difficult interview process, they offered me 15 an hour. I had to decide between that and another job and I picked this one. They said it was 1099. I didn't even bother thinking about the terms (I was having a very hard time, please save any criticism). I would be making money at a rate of like 20k a year as it is (a joke for this position), and I looked up the tax bracket and it didn't seem that bad. Then a family friend just told me I have to pay SS too, and that I would only be able to keep about half to 40%. Can anyone please tell me how much of this I'm going to be able to keep? Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, how screwed I am getting? I have a 40 minute MINIMUM commute by car to this job, work about 35 a week, and I'm doing skilled labor... stuff that I've studied for a couple years. Should I consider McDonalds?Also, in the interview process, they would not let me dodge the question "How much do you want to be paid?" I tried saying "Whatever the fair standard is" and they wouldn't take it. I was so afraid to lose this offer that I went with the 15/hr figure. How the hell do I answer this question?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=284997
Custom explainer company

Thanks!
O administrador desabilitou o acesso público de escrita.
Tempo para a criação da página:0.404 segundos